Compatible with chlorine, bromine, ozone, ultraviolet and salt systems. Not compatible with biguanide systems.
AlgaeShield works within a wide pH range, but for bather comfort, maintain the pH between 7.2 and 7.6 or as recommended by your swimming pool manufacturer or dealer.
Algae can be prevented with just one application per month.
- Apply AlgaeShield at a dose of 1 ounce per 1,000 gallons of pool water, every 30 days.
- Do not add AlgaeShield more than once per month and do not exceed this recommended dosage rate, except to treat an existing algae bloom.
- Add AlgaeShield at a rate of 2 ounces per 1,000 gallons of pool water.
- Run the filter constantly for 48 hours.
- Do not add AlgaeShield for 30 days. Then resume regular application for algae prevention at the standard application of 1 ounce per 1,000 gallons.